It’s March 6, 2018 and I thought now would be a great time to do an update. I originally posted the info below in October. I have updated by highlighting what I have done in pink.
I plan to update maybe 1 or 2 times per month. Also, several people have asked about playing along or helping me to achieve my goals. Let me keep it real. I am not turning down gifts. LOL! As a matter-of-fact, if you are so moved…I am accepting scratch off lottery tickets from anyone who wishes to send me one, two or three. LOL! Laughing but very serious. I’ll take ’em, send ’em to me! And you can check out my simple yet fun wish list here.
Anyway, here is what I wrote:
Well it’s coming. I’m planning for it and I am planning to enJOY every moment of it. I am making my way to 50. I turn 50 in December 2018 and I have been thinking about it quite a bit lately. 50 is an age that makes you think about your life, what you have done, what you are going to do and for me, it just makes me think about how important it is to LIVE, to be happy, to play, to do more of what you LOVE, to be your authentic self, to surround yourself with people who love you and embrace life’s simple moments. I don’t know if I have the right words but my tolerance for foolishness is low and my desire for sweet, happy moments is high. So, I have decided to go about making my JOY…in my home, my closet, my experiences, my relationships, my life.
So I decided to pick 50 things that I want, plan to achieve and go about making them happen, planning, hoping, dreaming. Why not?
And I also decided, I’d share the list with you, write about it and share updates along the way. I’ve got 1 year to go. Let’s go….
Here is the list, in no particular order
- Give flowers to 26 strangers. 8 strangers given flowers since my original typing of this.
- Adopt a Whole 30 Lifestyle (with a small modification, perhaps) Cheer me on! DONE and I’m feeling good! Today is day 65!
- Positively inspire the lives of 10,000+ women through health, happiness and/or art. Working on this every day.
- Host 3 live, in person classes. I have one scheduled for Scottsdale, AZ in the fall.
- Jump Double-dutch.
- Pay other artists by inviting them to teach along side me in my signature workshops. Done for Gratitude Junk Journal 2017 and One BADASS Art Journal 2018 .
- Eat an ice cream cone…outside. Done! Will do again.
- Swing by the lake. Done! Will do again.
- Win $1 million. I’ll be accepting all gifts of lottery tickets and scratch offs. Wink!
- Buy a new car…Audi Q5. This is the car my hubs would LOVE to have. He is so amazing and supportive of me. I’d LOVE to be able to give him one. How cool would that be. Dream BIG or go home! Why not? Well, we have a new Subaru 2018 Crosstrek, his 2nd choice.
- Go dancing with my hubby.
- Listen to live music…outside. I did this in CA. Got a date planned with friends this summer too!
- Have a butterfly land on me.
- See a live dragonfly…dragonflies.
- Hold a brown baby…brown like me.
- Go to the beach. Done!
- Put my feet in the ocean. Done!
- Vacation in Los Angeles Done!
- Celebrate 50 in St. Lucia.
- Spend my mom’s 70th Birthday with her.
- Make $1,000 per day. I think I can. I think I can. I can. Why not?
- Meet someone famous. Done! Met Wolf Blitzer in LA. Update met Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons Quarterback. Want to meet more.
- Read a book. I read magazines. I read online but I have neglected my books. I used to read all the time and I miss it.
- Create a coloring book. Got some more drawing to do.
- Sit outside, play outside, be outside and just enjoy nature more. I took a walk last week, more outdoor fun to come.
- Take a night time walk.
- Take a ride along Lakeshore Drive, at night.
- Be a Vegetarian for a day.
- Be a Pescatarian for a week.
- Do 12 full plank push ups and 5 burpees. I probably can do 8-10 push ups. I don’t ever do burpees. I think they are ridiculous. However, I want to be healthy and strong.
- Enjoy life. Have more fun, simple experiences. Play. Doing it, every day that I can.
- Try a food I have never tried before. Ate a crawfish from the shell. I have had Crawfish Etoufee so technically this my not be true…but never eaten from the shell. I’ll try something else!
- Try a dessert I have never tried before.
- Be invited to teach in 3 different collaborative workshops hosted by other artists. Hey! Do you host online classes? Invite me to teach. Let’s do this. Been invited to teach in 2. The Art of Sisterhood and you’ll have to wait to find out the 2nd. Need to add one more to the list.
- Attend a live art class. Done…The Art of Sisterhood 2017.
- Grow my art. Splotch art abstract, florals, faces and angels. I plan to make more art! Ah things change. Concentrating on my true love…women, angels, people..no faces!
- Purge/declutter my house. Purged my craft room! Woohoo! Starting on guest room 1 next week.
- Spend more time with people I love. I’d love some time with Mom, brothers, Linda, Carol, Monique, Michelle, Sherri, Kim, Nicky…to name a few. Just spent time with my sistahs at a retreat and I cropped with friends last weekend too! Spent Christmas with Angie in Savannah! So fun! Met an online friend too.
- All pink, everything. Pink is my favorite color. Yet..I don’t own as much pink stuff as I’d like…purse, boots, hat-scarf-glove set, bracelets, socks, pillow, mug….LOL! You get the idea. Hot pink/Fuchsia…not baby pink. LOL! I received a gift of pink earrings.
- Lose 35 pounds. I am bringing in the rest of my life healthily and keeping it that way. Down 11 pounds so far.
- Go to a concert.
- Create “Embrace Your Art” Creative Deck.
- Help someone to embrace their art, health and/or life. I do this everyday according to the fun notes I receive! Yay!
- Learn to make clay angels. I’ve made two. Not sure I really want to keep going.
- Live more creatively surrounding myself with only things I LOVE! Bought a beautiful new lamp and mirror. They make me smile!
- Donate to a charity or someone in need, monthly. Done in November and December St. Jude and fed the hungry. January, Feb, March given to boyscouts and fed a family.
- See a sunrise and a sunset. Saw one while in LA. Another please.
- All doctors apps…dental, allergy, dermatologist, annual physical/exams. Eye and mammograms done. Physical scheduled this month.
- Get a massage. Got 2 in February! Woohoo!
- Get a mani-pedi
If you are here, please leave me a sweet, comment below.
Here are some pictures to go along with some of my check offs
Gosh…I could add so many more things but this is where it begins. Typing it out makes it more real, puts it on my mind and sharing updates with you keeps it in front of me.
I am finding having the list to be quite motivating and fun! Hmmmm? May carry this idea into the new year and beyond.
Here’s to an AMAZING journey.