Originally created for Decoart, this little trinket box, is a perfect idea for gift giving! Mother’s Day is coming. Hint. Hint.
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- If needed, sand the wooden box using sandpaper. Remove any sanding dust using a paper towel. Add a light coat of White Gesso to the box. (Be sure to apply painter’s tape to prevent getting paint onto undesired areas.)
- Mix (1) part Payne’s Grey, (1) part Phthalo Turquoise, and a few drops of Dioxazine Purple to achieve a deep, beautiful blue. Add a coat of Titanium White to the box lid and the mix to the bottom portion of the box. (Save mix for future step.)
- Adhere a gathering of paper flowers to the lower right corner of the top of the box. Adhere initials to the top of the box. If desired, include wooden shapes such as snowflakes and glitter dots for fun accents.
- Use a Crystal Craft Twinkles Writer to line the top of the box with sparkle.
- Paint the inside of the box using the mix from step 2. Using a hot glue gun, adhere a string of pearls along the top edge of the bottom of the box.
- To complete the piece, tie a snowman, or other charm, to the lock on the front of the box.
Please follow and like us: