It’s December 9, 2017 and I thought now would be a great time to do an update. I originally posted the info below on October. I have updated by highlighting what I have done in pink.
I plan to update maybe 1 or 2 times per month. Also, several people have asked about playing along or helping me to achieve my goals. Let me keep it real. I am not turning down gifts. LOL! As a matter-of-fact, if you are so moved…I am accepting scratch off lottery tickets from anyone who wishes to send me one, two or three. LOL! Laughing but very serious. I’ll take ’em, send ’em to me! And you can check out my simple yet fun wish list here.
Anyway, here is what I wrote:
Well it’s coming. I’m planning for it and I am planning to enJOY every moment of it. I am making my way to 50. I turn 50 in December 2018 and I have been thinking about it quite a bit lately. 50 is an age that makes you think about your life, what you have done, what you are going to do and for me, it just makes me think about how important it is to LIVE, to be happy, to play, to do more of what you LOVE, to be your authentic self, to surround yourself with people who love you and embrace life’s simple moments. I don’t know if I have the right words but my tolerance for foolishness is low and my desire for sweet, happy moments is high. So, I have decided to go about making my JOY…in my home, my closet, my experiences, my relationships, my life.
So I decided to pick 50 things that I want, plan to achieve and go about making them happen, planning, hoping, dreaming. Why not?
And I also decided, I’d share the list with you, write about it and share updates along the way. I’ve got 1 year to go. Let’s go….
Here is the list, in no particular order
- Give flowers to 26 strangers. 3 strangers given flowers since my original typing of this.
- Adopt a Whole 30 Lifestyle (with a small modification, perhaps) Cheer me on!
- Positively inspire the lives of 10,000+ women through health, happiness and/or art
- Host 3 live, in person classes.
- Jump Double-dutch.
- Pay other artists by inviting them to teach along side me in my signature workshops. Done for Gratitude Junk Journal 2017 and One BADASS Art Journal 2018 registration is opening soon.
- Eat an ice cream cone…outside. Done! Will do again.
- Swing by the lake. Done! Will do again.
- Win $1 million. I’ll be accepting all gifts of lottery tickets and scratch offs. Wink!
- Buy a new car…Audi Q5. This is the car my hubs would LOVE to have. He is so amazing and supportive of me. I’d LOVE to be able to give him one. How cool would that be. Dream BIG or go home! Why not?
- Go dancing with my hubby.
- Listen to live music…outside.
- Have a butterfly land on me.
- See a live dragonfly…dragonflies.
- Hold a brown baby…brown like me.
- Go to the beach. Done!
- Put my feet in the ocean. Done!
- Vacation in Los Angeles Done!
- Celebrate 50 in St. Lucia.
- Spend my mom’s 70th Birthday with her.
- Make $1,000 per day. I think I can. I think I can. I can. Why not?
- Meet someone famous. Done! Met Wolf Blitzer. Want to meet more.
- Read a book. I read magazines. I read online but I have neglected my books. I used to read all the time and I miss it.
- Create a coloring book. Got some more drawing to do.
- Sit outside, play outside, be outside and just enjoy nature more.
- Take a night time walk.
- Take a ride along Lakeshore Drive, at night.
- Be a Vegetarian for a day.
- Be a Pescatarian for a week.
- Do 12 full plank push ups and 5 burpees. I probably can do 8-10 push ups. I don’t ever do burpees. I think they are ridiculous. However, I want to be healthy and strong.
- Enjoy life. Have more fun, simple experiences. Play.
- Try a food I have never tried before.
- Try a dessert I have never tried before.
- Be invited to teach in 3 different collaborative workshops hosted by other artists. Hey! Do you host online classes? Invite me to teach. Let’s do this.
- Attend a live art class. Done…The Art of Sisterhood.
- Grow my art. Splotch art abstract, florals, faces and angels. I plan to make more art!
- Purge/declutter my house.
- Spend more time with people I love. I’d love some time with Mom, brothers, Linda, Carol, Monique, Michelle, Sherri, Kim, Nicky…to name a few.
- All pink, everything. Pink is my favorite color. Yet..I don’t own as much pink stuff as I’d like…purse, boots, hat-scarf-glove set, bracelets, socks, pillow, mug….LOL! You get the idea. Hot pink/Fuchsia…not baby pink. LOL! I received a gift of pink earrings.
- Lose 35 pounds. I am bringing in the rest of my life healthily and keeping it that way.
- Go to a concert.
- Create “Embrace Your Art” Creative Deck.
- Help someone to embrace their art, health and/or life.
- Learn to make clay angels.
- Live more creatively surrounding myself with only things I LOVE!
- Donate to a charity or someone in need, monthly. Done in November and December St. Jude and fed the hungry.
- See a sunrise and a sunset. Saw one while in LA. Another please.
- All doctors apps…dental, allergy, dermatologist, annual physical/exams.
- Get a massage
- Get a mani-pedi
Here are some pictures to go along with some of my check offs
Gosh…I could add so many more things but this is where it begins. Typing it out makes it more real, puts it on my mind and sharing updates with you keeps it in front of me.
Here’s to an AMAZING journey.